Badulla Central College, is in the heart of the Uva, surrounded by fabulous landscape. This is the leading school in Uva with a student population exceeding 3000, in all 13 grades of secondary education on a campus of 16.08 acres.
The academic staff of 135 is headed by the Principal, Mr.A.J.M.S.Pubudu Jayasinghe. Throughout history, Badulla Central College has enriched the community by providing quality education.
In 1796 Sri Lanka became a colonial sector in Britain Government, Westminster. In 1944 with the ideas of Dr.C.C.Kannangara, English Government decided to establish “Central Colleges", with the intention of ”Free Education” to all children in Sri Lanka. According to these Reformations, “Badulla Central College” was established in 1929 as the first Central College in Uva Province by the principal Mr.M.Rathnayake. It was first known as the "St. Bead's College", under the administration of British Missionary. Later on, the name was changed as "Welagedara Maha Vidyalaya". In January 1st, 1939 the name was changed as "Badulla Central College". With the passage of time, many students who passed Grade 5 scholarship examination entered to Badulla Central College to get their secondary education. Gradually Badulla Central College became one of the best schools which performed the largest number of students who passed G.C.E O/L and G.C.E A/L under the guidance of several principals who lead the school from time to time.
The 'Battle of Peace' Cricket Big Match (Badulla Central College Vs Saraswathi Central College) Schedule as of now. Pls keep the dates reserved to go to Badulla.
1. 'Parade of Pride' - Vehicle... https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2437339816294239&id=175675515794025