To pursue the highest standards in academic excellence, social integrity, personal skills and sporting prowess within a framework of spiritual values, community and respect for diverse culture and discipline.
To be a dynamic, academic institution for girls governed by a transparent and accountable structure that respects diversity and produces balanced, socially responsible, multifaceted women with the ability to face the challenges of a continually changing world.
One of the missionary schools established for girls of elite Christian families, mainly of the British and European residents in Ceylon. It was then known as Bishopsgate School and was in Darley Road. In 1892, Bishopsgate School moved from Darley Road in Maradana to spacious premises on Boyd Place near the Beira Lake in Kollupitiya. From then, the school has been known as Bishop's College, Sister Angela was the first Principal.